Our Wish List
Learn more about donating or how your donations will be used. Email us or call (504) 482-2130
"What do you need?"
"What can I donate to help?"
Volunteers of America often hears these questions.
There are many things that people in our community need in order to live more fulfilling and successful lives. You can help by picking up a few on your next shopping trip or going through your cupboards and collecting items that are rarely used. If your feeling more ambitious, organize a drive at your school or church to collect some needed items.
In addition, we always welcome your time. Many of our programs need children, teens, adult volunteers to contribute and improve lives. Financial donations are also very appreciated.
Household, Personal Items
- New or lightly used kitchen items (pots, pans, appliances, dishes)
- New clothing (for men, women, children, maternity, infants)
- New toiletries
- New bed and bath linen
- New or lightly used children’s toys, board games, books
- New or lightly used fans and heaters
Supplies, Miscellaneous Items
- School, art, office, scrapbooking supplies
- Medical supplies (vinyl gloves, first aid kits, hearing aides, adult diapers, pill counters)
- Sports equipment
- Gas cards
- Gift cards (Wal-Mart, grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, movie theaters)
- Construction materials (indoor/outdoor paints and supplies, fencing, landscaping materials)
Volunteers of America Greater New Orleans is a non-profit human service organization that helps people in need throughout 16 parishes in southeast Louisiana. You can help by donating your vehicle, stocks and mutual funds, life insurance, or making a bequest in your will or planned gift. Volunteering your time is also an invaluable way to contribute. Sign up today to learn more about our programs and services.